Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

November Contest Ideas

Go down 
+2
RedYoshiMan
Spyder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

November Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Let's hear it folks. What are you thinking would be a good contest for the month of November?

I'm thinking it could be a contest for someone to make a new header for these forums.... The 400x200 one I made doesn't exactly cover the entire top section :/

Last edited by Spyder on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedYoshiMan
RedYoshiMan

PostSubject: contest   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 pm

I think it should be for that too and I like your signature looks cool

Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 pm

One idea (I don't know how good this will be in practice) is for each participant to make the greatest percentage of growth in leaderboard points or looterboard points.
Say someone has 5,000,000,000 leaderboard points at the start of November and 6,000,000,000 at the end (screenshots must be provided as evidence), that's a 20% growth.
This should make it relatively accessible to every member. It will encourage them to take more OPs and expand eXo.

The problem (or benefit) is this would be too easy for starting players. Therefore we could discuss an algorithm to make it as fair as possible to all players.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:17 pm

I really like that idea. But i agree it would be difficult... I do think we need a contest based off of game skill for once. Anyone else in favor?
Back to top Go down
MrMean666
Advisor
Advisor
MrMean666

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 pm

A skill based contest would be good since i cant do any design until my computer is fixed.
Only thing i can think of though is point based contest, nothing over complicated other wise it will put people off entering. But as stated it will be hard to figure out guild lines for it.
Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:05 pm

The difficulty is working out how much effort is required for each player to add more points. It's obvious that while a level 50 will accumulate points faster than a level 1, the level one will make a greater percent growth.

We could make a competition that instead encourages people to level up - the person who has made the greatest change in levels wins. We can do this via screenshots again and take the difference in progress. This might help to get the lower levelled players involved.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 pm

I think that would be difficult too... A level 50 with an Arturo bank of 100 mill... Perhaps one for two level ranges. Low and high?
Back to top Go down
MrMean666
Advisor
Advisor
MrMean666

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 pm

That could still be a bit unfair though.... with jumpers and EB's.... the EB's will get more points towards leveling since they will have higher auto banking while jumpers dont have the auto banking to go towards them as much.....
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Yeah, that'd be the problem we have to figure out...
Back to top Go down
MrMean666
Advisor
Advisor
MrMean666

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:31 pm

I do like the idea though. Just need to fix up the little problems with that.....
Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am

Well, the idea is interesting except for one problem... Older players in general cant see their empire values... Also, cheating/weird glitches will be an issue, not sure how large. So, my idea:

-Whoever can design the most original base, no copying. I think I know how to handle the copying with google image search, lol.
Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 am

Perhaps a contest based on progress will be too difficult. So original and good designs? Is it worth having a standard that they must comply with, such as an attacking force? For example, the base that survives the best after having say 11 DAVEs, 2 Zafs, Fomor and all three catas. Or is this overcomplicating things again? Razz
Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Hm... Maybe on the following criteria:
-Catapronability (Good word?)
-Level of pathing (i.e. the effectiveness)
-Intimidation (how long it takes to plot out a plan to take it out)
-Positioning (How nearby towers are used)
-Creativity/Uniqueness (New type of design, not like a general structure, like wing design (see broken deathwing, dark angel, etc.) or something like that.)
-Other neat parts (AZSF (look I up if you have to), etc.)
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Yeah, i still wish we could do a contest that everyone takes place in without having to try excessively... Simmering to get our other members involved
Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm for DVD's idea. Frankly I'm for any contest that strives to proficiency of the alliance. However, this contest would then aim at the late-game players.
Back to top Go down
arseus12345
arseus12345

Location : Certain space in space-time equal to exactly 3 feet above three feet below my current location.

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 pm

I like the idea of having a base design contest, but if it is done then there ought to be considerations based on level. Perhaps having a point system, with deductions in point for higher leveled people, to make it more fair to the lower levels?
Back to top Go down
http://oreo-alliance-sprites.weebly.com/
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Yes, that should be included.
How about DVD's criteria, rated and tallied up to a final point allocation. I'd suggest this (from DVD's post):

-Catapronability /15
-Level of pathing /15
-Effort to plan attack /10
-Positioning /10
-Creativity/Uniqueness /20
-Other /10
-Level /20 (56 = 7 points, 43 = 20)

This gives a total score out of 100. Obviously the point allocation is debatable, and who would judge?
Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 am

tmack91 wrote:
I'm for DVD's idea. Frankly I'm for any contest that strives to proficiency of the alliance. However, this contest would then aim at the late-game players.
Well… In the alliance, they are mainly late game players, no? And for your other point, people not competing would judge.

Ooh, new idea: Yearly double :p
Have base design as one, and design new ranks as the other. (Combination of those two factors, not two separate ones, lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November Contest Ideas   November Contest Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

November Contest Ideas
Page 1 of 1