Posts : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-25
|Subject: Outpost FAQs and Tips Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 pm|| |
What are the best outposts?
- Ironically, Ultra Kits tend to be the weakest. By placing the ADTs and bunkers in the middle, even a maxed out Ultra can be cata'd in three attacks. Players become complacent when attacking regular and mega kits, and might not cata the bunkers, leaving them better protected.
- They should be cataproof, requiring the most number of catapult attacks or sending the OP into DP before an actual attack can commence.
- Suitable monsters should be bunkered to counter the most frequent types of attack, or surprise the attacker, destroying his army before the OP can be destroyed.
- They should slow down the attacker or direct DAVEs into traps.
How long should it take to make the best OP from an ultra kit?
- The ADTs take the longest to build, and on top of that, they stop building every 2 days.
- As far as important defences go, bunkers are built first, then teslas, then RGTs, then ADTs. They can be upgraded in this order, but ADTs should be prioritised.
Is it worth spending time and resources to mix up bunkers and surprise the enemy with eye-ras and other monsters?
- Monsters come out of the bunker in the reverse order they were put in (need confirmation of this).
- A few eye-ras in a bunker as well as one or two DAVEs can stop or severely damage an unsuspecting DAVE/Fomor combination.
- It's worth knowing what your attacker uses. Check the attack logs in a war and adjust bunkers accordingly. Eye-ras for melee attackers like Drull, Gorgo and tanks. DAVEs for ranged attackers such as other DAVEs and aerial attack units.
How do you cataproof an OP when there are no silos?
- Spread out the most frequent cata targets - ADTs and Bunkers - so a single pebble cata can only hit one or two at a time.
- Use the HCC as a silo when the above is not possible. A clue as to what the HCC contains is the contents of the Housing, so make sure there is at least one DAVE in it.
- When taking over Outposts, remember what made it easy or hard to destroy. This is the best way of picking out flaws.
Posts : 27
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-10-17
|Subject: Re: Outpost FAQs and Tips Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm|| |
Regular kits are the easiest to cata, actually, as 10mil pebbles can take out all the defenses except one cannon with an easily aimed cata.