Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

December Contest Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

December Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm

I propose an old idea we were discussing - OP design and modification. It would reward people for quick and easy modifications to ANY kit.

We would be judging on these factors:
  • 'Cataproofness'
  • Time spent modifying (more time = fewer points) - say 20 points for not adding any buildings, -1 for each new building excluding lowest few levels of RGs and YP.
  • Attack effort - this would factor in NEC presence.
  • Building placement.
  • Other points to be decided

There would be bonus points for the following:
  • Camouflaging buildings - putting bunkers behind hatcheries to surprise the enemy. 1 point for near camouflage, 2 for total camouflage of a building. Additional 2 points for camouflaging ADTs or bunkers.
  • Art. Pretty things earn, not to sound superficial. Up to 5 bonus points, depending on prettiness.
  • Evidence of success - this would be difficult to judge, and would possibly require a helping hand that we can trust.

-- Sending the OP into DP using cata before bunkers and ADTs are destroyed. Huge bonus, say 10 points.
-- Sending the OP into DP with the maximum single OP force - Champ + <540HS worth of monsters. 5 points.

Handicap would not be based on level, rather the kit used:
  • No kit - 30 points.
  • Regular kit - 20 points.
  • Mega kit - 10 points.
  • Ultra kit - 0 points.

Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 am

Thing is… What if you don't have any OPs (jumper?)
Also, it's quite difficult for people to come over and start attacking… Also, not everyone has the time to upgrade kits, so let's just say that No Kit doesn't really matter, but everything else would be nice. And yet another problem, what if you upgraded a reg. kit? Would it still count as a reg kit, or an Ultra?

Personally, I'm thinking of something less game intensive… Since getting members is a problem, get as many recruits as possible?
Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

If you are a jumper, it could be useful to know how to modify OPs to improve their defence.

If you upgraded a reg kit, you'd lose points for upgrade time. Also it's the layout that's important. If it just so happens that your layout doesn't work at a low level, the upgrade doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm really interested in a way of improving the Ultra kit. Seeing as crowd intelligence is greater than individual intelligence, I thought this would be a good way to find out. Plus it would give to-be empire builders and jumpers an insight as to how they can improve defences against late-game attackers.

Perhaps it's not a good idea. I'll wait for others to comment. I do like the recruitment idea, but maybe we can push that further and say that recruit level is a multiplier. For example, it's better to recruit one level 50 than two level 25's.
Back to top Go down
Garrettlazer7
Garrettlazer7

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 am

Commenting on the recruiting idea, I would suggest making the contest creating the best recruiting plan, and then be ranked based on its' effectiveness in a certain period of time. For example, a week would be given to create your plan, a week to test and see how it works, and a week to see the value of the recruited members. Then, the sum of the eligible members recruited levels' would be the total score, and whoever had the greatest score won. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 am

I like both ideas. Problem is: I feel like a lot of people only have time to go online, check their base, get a few OPs. If you think that people would be willing to create a recruitment plan, then let's try it. I agree with tmack on the multiplier. Definitely the higher level would be worth an increasing amount of points. Exponential probably...
Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 pm

We could try something like 100/(60-[Level]):

25-31 = 3
32-37 = 4
38-41 = 5
42-44 = 6
45-46 = 7
47-48 = 8
49 = 9
50 = 10
51 = 11
52 = 13
53 = 14
54 = 17
55 = 20
56 = 25

Or we can assign arbitrary points for levels.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 pm

That actually looks perfect. You're very good at these forumlas lol

Are we doing a "First to 'set #' of recruits"?

Or at the end of the month, whoever has the most...

Also, perhaps every 5 people you recruit you get a point bonus?
Back to top Go down
tmack91
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Haha I just realised the bracket was flipped around Razz Unhappy face not intended Razz It may be easier to tally up the total votes based on the application date of the new member. This would be the easiest way to tell and make it fair, rather than the date of acceptance.

So a few things:
- We'll need to define an opening and closing date for the contest.
- More input on the judging rules - I'm convinced levels is the best thing to base it on, and a a/(b-[level]) would be a good method. Do we tally this up, or do we have bonuses for numbers? Personally I think it's quality over quantity. The above formula shows that a level 56 is worth 5 level 40's, and more than 8 level 25's. Is this fair?
- How do we submit to the contest? I think links to the application on the eXo forum would be easiest. Write "[name] [level] [link]" for each submission. This would make it very easy to check.
- The recruit. How do we know who actually recruited the recruit? We'll need to get them to write "Recruited by [recruiter]".
- Alt accounts. Somehow we'll need to verify this. I highly doubt anyone would go far enough to recruit fake or alt accounts into eXo. However, this would be a strong disobedience of not only the contest, but of eXo itself. How seriously should we take this?

Any thoughts from the others?
Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Here we go:
-Opening date: Now, here's the problem. Most people are going on vacation for Christmas, so that could be a problem. I supposed that we could make this a December/January contest to remedy that.
-Judging: I'm thinking more of a base orientated/Outpost kind of thing, taking into account both level and number of OPs (unless jumper, by some miracle/coincidence)
-How to Submit: Make ONE thread, then have everyone wanting to enter post there.
The recruit: Yup. Ask them to post on the Kong forums with their application, which is fair.
-Alt accounts: I highly doubt that someone will actually have an alt with a decent level/OPs. Also, if they do, I doubt that they would do that.

One last thing: I'm not sure about the total votes, but I think that the points would cut it…
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Sounds perfect. I'll get it posted probably tomorrow. Office party tonight... buddy's grad party... and probably won't be sober enough to create that tonight. Unless someone else wants to. Let's make the due date like January 14th. We'll make the contest worth 30 since it's a two month deal
Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 am

Oh yeah, may I delete all the submissions? Or maybe make a section called old contest submissions? They're kinda clogging up room.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:02 am

I'll handle it.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Admin
Admin
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Well, I have an idea... I assume everyone's December is as hectic as mine is... Let's make this the holiday contest. We'll have the reward be $30 and we'll start it January 1st? I just don't have the time to post everything right now
Back to top Go down
LeDvd
Advisor
Advisor
LeDvd

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Yup, finals really drained my time…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Contest Ideas   December Contest Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December Contest Ideas
Page 1 of 1